2017 – 2018 Membership Year
Teacher Tools is designed to support all aspects of instruction of students with hearing loss educated in the mainstream classroom by addressing their underlying skills and knowledge that support all curriculum content. A Teacher Tools membership includes materials such as downloadable worksheets and activities appropriate for all school age levels and an extensive information resource library. There are 9 magazine issues in the 2017-2018 membership year. Materials for the magazine sections are posted by the 25th of each month, August through April for the September – May issues. All content is accessible through June 30th.
Monthly Magazine Content Sections
- Straight from the Zebra’s Mouth – aspects of uniqueness
- Strategies for Language – PreK, Elementary, Secondary
- Strategies for Listening – PreK, Elementary, Secondary
- Vocabulary Building – Words, Words, Words
- Knowledge into Practice – Research for Improved Advocacy and Teaching
- Tech Talk – Technology Considerations to Improve Access, Involvement, Outcomes
- Teen Thoughts from the Trenches
- Self-Advocacy Strategies
- Social Strategies and Pragmatic Language – PreK, Elementary, Secondary
Save any pages that interest you as pdfs to your media device or print the pages you want. Not printing right?
Check your print settings and make size adjustments. Printers size the pages differently. You may need to reduce the page size so it prints with a white border edge. If the print option from the magazine does not seem to work, download the PDF and print the pages you want from that source.
Online Resources – available August 1 – June 30
- Kool Kidz Vidz – Secondary-age students share their successes and challenges
- Members Only Materials Library – extensive materials and resources for members
- Member Discussion Forum – raise questions, share successes, get input from your peers